Tuesday, November 8, 2011

33 Awesome George Carlin Quotes


1.      There are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven you can’t say on television. What a ratio that is! 399,993 to 7. They must really be baaaad. They must be OUTRAGEOUS to be separated from a group that large. “All of you words over here, you seven….baaaad words.” That’s what they told us, right? …You know the seven, don’t ya? That you can’t say on TV? Sh*t, piss, f*ck, c*nt, cocks*cker, motherf*cker and t*ts.
2.      Reminds me of something my third-grade teacher said to us. She said, “You show me a tropical fruit and I’ll show you a cocks*cker from Guatemala.”
3.      So far, this is the oldest I’ve been.
4.      So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherf*cker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.
5.      Soft rock music isn’t rock, and it ain’t music. It’s just soft.
6.      Catholic — which I was until I reached the age of reason.
7.      Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.
8.      “When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?” This title offends all three major religions, and even vegetarians!
9.      A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.
10. Instead of warning pregnant women not to drink, I think female alcoholics ought to be told not to f*ck.
11. I’m always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I’m listening to it.
12. The planet is fine. The people are f*cked.
13. The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
14. I used to be Irish Catholic. Now I’m an American — you know, you grow.
15. I wanna live. I don’t wanna die. That’s the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that sh*t out by myself in the third grade.
16. Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
17. Life is a zero sum game.
18. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
19. By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
20. Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.
21. God bless the homicidal maniacs. They make life worthwhile.
22. Have you ever noticed that the lawyer always smiles more than the client?
23. Hooray for most things!
24. I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights.
25. One great thing about getting old is that you can get out of all sorts of social obligations just by saying you’re too tired.
26. Property is theft. Nobody “owns” anything. When you die, it all stays here.
27. If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play?
28. If the cops didn’t see it, I didn’t do it!
29. If you live long enough, sooner or later everybody you know has cancer.
30. Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?
31. George Washington’s brother, Lawrence, was the Uncle of Our Country.
32. Have you ever noticed that their stuff is sh*t and your sh*t is stuff?
33. You can’t argue with a good blowj*b.

No comments:

Post a Comment